Subject İnformation
Author cally_ Replies 20
Share Views 1
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gameshows Thread
The Gameshows Thread begins with a question...

What gameshows do you think should air more on The Chase Cha-sorry I mean Challenge TV?
(31-07-2022, 04:09 PM)cally_ Wrote: The Gameshows Thread begins with a question...

What gameshows do you think should air more on The Chase Cha-sorry I mean Challenge TV?

Robot Wars - love that show especially the Craig Charles ones
Takeshi's Castle.
1 vs. 100
(31-07-2022, 06:23 PM)couchtripper Wrote: Takeshi's Castle.

And the American dub, MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

Now, I think Challenge TV is missing quite a bit of Brucie. More Bruce's Price is Right, Play Your Cards Right, The Generation Game, and Takeover Bid. 
Jeopardy! - the UK version - if there are examples of it existing and if they're clearable...
"This is BBC World Service Television."
Has anyone heard of Buzzr? It's a digital subchannel in America that's sort of like Challenge, except most of the shows come from Fremantle. Here's their website

Since everyone seems to be complaining about Challenge, maybe there should be a British version of Buzzr.
(31-07-2022, 08:11 PM)palmer7 Wrote:
(31-07-2022, 06:23 PM)couchtripper Wrote: Takeshi's Castle.

And the American dub, MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.

Now, I think Challenge TV is missing quite a bit of Brucie. More Bruce's Price is Right, Play Your Cards Right, The Generation Game, and Takeover Bid. 

Bruce's Price is Right and Play Your Cards Right already airs on Challenge, thought I wouldn't mind some more Brucie gameshows on Challenge. I'd rather that than Challenge acquiring another show hosted by Bradley Walsh.
I'd love to see early 80's Play Your Cards Right. When Challenge TV show them, I (think) they're from the late 80's/early 90's onwards.

Would also love to see Turnabout with Rob Curling again. Never been repeated AFAIK, so may not even be in the archives any longer.

Also Sale Of The Century (70's/80's), early Blockbusters and ideally the ATV era of Family Fortunes (if they exist).
(01-08-2022, 06:02 AM)finlux Wrote: I'd love to see early 80's Play Your Cards Right. When Challenge TV show them, I (think) they're from the late 80's/early 90's onwards.

80s run ended in November 1987, then came back in late March 1994. In between then, Brucie was hosting You Bet and The Generation Game.